REPORTS TO: HEAD LIFEGUARD, OR AQUATIC DIRECTOR/SUPERVISOR
Responsible for ensuring the safety of facility patron by preventing and responding to emergencies.
Key Responsibilities of a Lifeguard include:
- Recognize and respond effectively in emergency.
- Enforce all aquatic facility policies, rules, and regulation.
- Inspect the facility on a daily schedule and report any unsafe conditions or equipment to the supervisor.
- Participate in regular in-service training sessions.
- Exercise regularly to maintain fitness level (strength and endurance).
- Prevent injuries by minimizing or eliminating hazardous situations or behaviors.
- Enforce facility rules and regulations and educate students about them.
- Administer first aid or CPR in an emergency, and if trained, give oxygen and use an automated external
- defibrillator in needed.
- Inform other lifeguards and facility staff when you need more help or equipment.
- Knowledge and Skills:
- Thorough knowledge and application of lifeguarding surveillance and rescue techniques
- An understanding of facility characteristics, rules, policies, and procedures.
- Leadership and public relations skills.
- Decision-making skills
- CPR Certified; Current certification as Lifeguard by a recognized source of training.
- BA degree
- Fluent in English - writing and speaking
- 5 years of experience
About American Baccalaureate School:
ABS is a private, non-profit school offering an American-based curriculum including a wide variety of advanced courses, and a college preparatory program, guiding students to become independent, intellectual global citizens. It is our goal to develop responsible and accountable young adults who are prepared for the challenges of international universities. The American Baccalaureate School opened its doors in September 2006 to 550 students. We now have over 1,300 students enrolled from pre-Kindergarten through 12th grade.
For more information about ABS visit: www.abs.edu.kw